[Scons-users] pip installation directory includes the version number
Bill Deegan
2018-05-28 00:07:08 UTC
Richard,

I can see the expectation for the released builds, but for non-released
(scons-3.1.0.alpha.yyyymmdd) would it make sense to keep the version string
as is?

Feel free to file a bug (and of course Pull Request with a fix if you can.)

-Bill
Hi,
I just thought to check here before raising a issue on github
It's a fairly minor thing, but I've noticed when installing scons via pip
(ether stable or directly from github)
the install directory tends to have the version number tagged on the back
Looking at other packages under pythondir\Lib\site-packages\
such as colorama, usually you have two directories in there such as
colorama
colorama-0.3.9.dist-info
with scons instead you end up with
scons-3.0.1
scons-3.0.1.dist-info
or
scons-3.1.0.alpha.yyyymmdd
scons-3.1.0.alpha.yyyymmdd.dist-info
when I think it should be
scons
scons-3.0.1.dist-info
I know scons isn't supposed to be imported directly into other python code
but I've been using the path as part of the setup for visual studio code
for some of my own tools
https://github.com/ASoftTech/Scons.Gbd.Docs
https://github.com/ASoftTech/Scons.Gbd.Builders
and it's a bit annoying to have the directory name jump about depending on
which scons I'm referencing.in the virtual environment
Many Thanks
Richard