[Scons-users] mingw-w64 vs mingw-w32 issue
Bill Deegan
2017-10-29 04:29:44 UTC
All,

Please take a look at this item..
https://stackoverflow.com/a/46983167/82681

Looks like adding some more default paths to the search might be wise?

Thoughts..

-Bill
R0b0t1
2017-10-29 05:24:55 UTC
Post by Bill Deegan
All,
Please take a look at this item..
https://stackoverflow.com/a/46983167/82681
Looks like adding some more default paths to the search might be wise?
Thoughts..
I would have run into this and been confused by it. Then again, I am
simply not very smart. If the change is quick I would appreciate it.

Cheers,
R0b0t1.
Bill Deegan

R0b0t1
2017-10-31 04:56:50 UTC
My installation is at C:\Program
Files\mingw-w64\x86_64-7.2.0-posix-seh-rt_v5-rev0. Most interesting
files are a level deeper, and the binaries are in C:\Program
Files\mingw-w64\x86_64-7.2.0-posix-seh-rt_v5-rev0\mingw64\bin.

Cheers.
Bill Deegan
2017-10-31 05:22:22 UTC
Is that the default path your installer put them?
Where did you download installer from?
Post by Bill Deegan
R0b0t1,
What's the install path for your mingw?
-Bill
R0b0t1
2017-10-31 05:45:58 UTC
The default may be directly inside of C. Then the path would look like
C:\mingw-w64\${package}.

The project is hosted on SourceForge:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/.

There was a time when I somehow found myself with MinGW installations
in various places for no reason I could discern, but I think things
have stabilized around MinGW-w64.